Sunday, October 19, 2008

Fall Into Reading 2008 - my list


Since we have no fall season in the Philippines, I totally forgot to check in on this reading challenge that I join twice a year (every fall and every spring). The reading challenge is called Fall Into Reading and it's hosted by Katrina over at Callapidder Days.

I'm very late and am the 265th reader to register. But better late than never, right?

Here is my list of books for the Fall reading challenge:

1.Thanks for the Memories by Cecelia Ahern
Ahern is my hands-down favorite chick lit author. I'm in chapter 7 already. Started a bit slow. But so far, so good.

2. Having a Mary Heart in a Martha World by Joanna Weaver
I started reading this book two years ago. Never got beyond the first chapter. It's not that it isn't good because it's been really good so far. I just get distracted by the new books I keep buying. Planning to finally finish it this time.

3. Guerrilla P.R. 2.0 by Michael Levine
This one I'm reading for work. Interesting ideas. Have to finish this to help me plan for the annual planning session our group will be having in November.

4. Winning with People by John Maxwell
I love reading John Maxwell. I always learn something new from him even though it seems like the principles are pretty much the same in all his books.

5. Epic by John Eldredge
A small book with a big story. This should be a fast read. I'm excited because reviews have been good.

6. In a Pit with a Lion on a Snowy Day by Mark Batterson
GREAT book! I'm down to the last few chapters. A must-read for everyone. Especially for those who often get intimidated by people and situations.

7. The No. 1 Ladies' Detective Agency by Alexander McCall Smith
I've heard a lot of good reviews so I'm excited to read it finally. Oh and I picked my copy up in a second-hand book store for P75! Cheap!

8. My Sister's Keeper by Jodi Picoult
My best friend says this is the best one by Picoult. Made her cry. So I'm pretty sure it'll make me cry, too.

There it is.



Eight books in eight weeks. That's doable, right?

0 Comments: