Sunday, August 10, 2008

Preparing a one-year plan


A fantastic idea came to me as I was watching (of all movies) My Sassy Girl last night.

Jordan and Charlie both wrote letters to each other, put them in a tablet, hid the tablet under stones at the foot of a cherry tree. The plan was to come back the very next year at the same place at 2PM to meet and read the letters together. If this happened according to plan, it meant that they were destined to be together. If, for some reason, one of them doesn't show up, it will mean that it was never meant to be.

Charlie walked away that day determined to prepare for the special day a year later.

Because Jordan liked to play squash, Charlie persevered to learn it. Because Jordan liked a kind of martial art, Charlie worked hard to master it. Because Jordan had an affinity for the ocean, Charlie learned to swim. All this he did so that he could be a better man for Jordan.

It was pretty sweet. They say the Korean movie is better then this American version so I'm pretty psyched to watch it.

Anyway...

Inspiration struck me as I watched the movie a second time.

What if I gave myself a 1-year plan? Not faith goals, or goals period. But an actual action plan for the things that I want to accomplish by next year.

I have to sit down and pray about what exactly will be in this one-year plan. But it will be specific and measurable. And the one year starts on September 1st and will run (obviously) until August 31st of 2009.

Am I excited? A resounding YES!

For the sake of accountability, I will blog about the one-year blog as I near the start date and will be updating this blog periodically in the next 12 months.

What can happen in 12 short months? We shall see about that.

2 Comments:

Frances said...

Yes, this is a good idea. I did this when I was 13 and then when I was 25. All things on the lists accomplished! My life is oh so much better because of those lists.

Hey, I linked your blog to mine, ha.

Ro said...

Hey, thanks, Frances! :)

Will link you, too.

I'm excited about my one-year plan! :)